Blog Post 1


P.S.: This photo is of Easy Street Records in Seattle, my hometown record store I visited all the time!

Hello everyone!

My name is Bella, I'm 21 years old, and I live in Fairbanks. I work as a firefighter at the University Fire Department, have an associate's degree in Fire Science, and am pursuing a bachelor's degree in Homeland Security and Emergency Management. I'm originally from Seattle, Washington, but moved up here for college and the student firefighting program. I love thrifting, going to the gym, dogsittting, and babysitting on my offdays!

As for music, I've always loved music and sang my heart out, even though I suck. I tried to learn the clarinet in 5th grade because I wanted to play saxophone, and my teachers said I had to do the clarinet first. I dropped out of the lessons less than a month in and didn't touch instruments again until high school. I got an electric piano, a ukulele, and a guitar in highschool beacuse I was desperate to play. I tried many times to learn how to play them, but I'm pretty sure I don't have a musical bone in my body. I've stuck to finding songs I love, creating curated playlists for certain emotions and environments, and singing my heart out in the car alone. I love going to live music; I've seen many artists live, like Sia, Selena Gomez, Shawn Mendes, and Taylor Swift. This summer, I went to a couple of concerts at the Tanana Valley State Fair, and I think I prefer the festival-like live music to the stadium concerts. Anyway, can't wait to see everyone else's posts!

Here's a link to one of my Spotify playlists I made for when you want to listen to hopeful, folky, upbeat music (:https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0bXOenubMcbFglB6oO7cFs?si=fExi05HzTFCaNJH6qQ4RrQ


Comments

  1. Oooo! West Seattle. The swanky end of town. I have a cousin who lives there an also a ukulele friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bella, I liked how honest and relatable you were about your relationship with music and how it’s been part of your life in different ways. I related to how you connected with music through singing along and creating playlists that match certain moods and moments. Your experiences with live music especially smaller festival style shows sounded fun that's something I've always wanted to experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bella, I also happen to be a gym-loving firefighter. Unfortunately I fight wildfires, so I don't get to carry around one of those cool green radios all you structural folk have. That is amazing you love firefighting enough to pursue it as a long-term career.
    I sympathize with your frustration over the guitar: not only is it hard for me to learn, but the metal strings rip up my fingertips all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tamborazo Zacatecano

Musical Analysis #1 Rustin in the Rain